You may join the ASTH by completing the membership form. To be eligible for both classes of membership, you must be working actively in clinical and/or laboratory research in the field of thrombosis and haemostasis. You must also be a resident of Australiasia, or have a permanent appointment here whilst working overseas. The form must be countersigned by a financial member of the Society. Applications are reviewed by the Secretariat for completness and then processed.
Ordinary Members (A$70 per fiscal year plus GST if applicable) (fee free for those under 35)
Ordinary members shall be subscribers to the Memorandum of Association and such other persons as are elected by the Council. They shall be such persons who satisfy the eligibility criteria outlined above.
Associate Members (A$46 per fiscal year plus GST if applicable) (fee free for those under 35)
Graduates undertaking advanced training in clinical and/or laboratory haematology or undertaking a higher degree in the scientific aspects of haematology qualify for associate membership. Associate membership will only be available to those candidates not fulfilling the requirements of Ordinary membership, and will be tenable for a maximum of four (4) years after which it will lapse. Applicants for associate membership should be accompanied by a letter from your Head of Department confirming that you are undertaking advanced training or a higher degree.
Honorary Life Membership (fee free)
Honorary life members are men and women, distingushed in the field of Thrombosis and Haemostasis, at home or abroad, who have made material contributions to the advancement of the study of Thrombosis and Haemostasis and who, in the opinion of the ASTH Council, are worthy of such distinction. They are eleceted by Council and confirmed at a general meeting. Honorary life membership has no fee and eligible members will have access to the members area of the website and receive email announcements.
Your membership entitles you to the following:
- Free annual membership for those under 35 years of age (reapply each year until you reach the age of 35)
- ASTH newsletter, published 3 times a year
- Regular email announcements
- Access to the members area of the website, where you can search for other members within your area for collaboration, and participate in the active discussions on issues within the area of thrombosis and haemostasis
- Reduced registration rate to the annual ASTH Scientific Workshop and the combined HSANZ/ ANZSBT/ ASTH Annual Scientific Meeting
- Eligibility for the ASTH Scientific Medal and ASTH Travel Grants